1. What would the world be like without the Internet?
2. Could you live without the Internet?
3. Is the Internet dangerous?
4. What annoys you about the Internet?
5. Are you addicted to the Internet?
6. What’s the best thing about the Internet?
7. What does the Internet need more of?
8. What do you think of the idea of Internet shopping or online dating?
The Teens watch the 90’s era instructional video, Kids’ Guide to The Internet and discuss how the internet has evolved over time.
In 2012, a team of researchers set a world record, transmitting 1 petabit of data— that’s 10,000 hours of high-def video— over a fifty-kilometer cable, in a second. This wasn’t just any cable. It was a souped-up version of fiber optics, the hidden network that links our planet and makes the internet possible. What is fiber optics and how does it work? Sajan Saini explores the vital technology.
Lesson by Sajan Saini, directed by Artrake Studio.
Wifi signals are made of radio waves that have a shorter wavelength than AM radio and cell phones but longer than satellite tv. How can I make my wifi faster? There are several things you can do to make your wifi faster without paying more, and they mostly have to do with the placement of your wifi router.[/show_more]