1. What images spring to mind when you hear the country Italy?
2. What is Italy famous for?
3. What do you think about Italian food?
4. What do you think of Italian products and companies?
5. Does your country have good relations with Italy?
6. Who are the most famous Italian people you know?
7. What is your idea of a typical Italian person?
8. Is Italian an important language?
In 1990, the Italian government enlisted top engineers to stabilize Pisa’s famous Leaning Tower. There’d been many attempts during its 800 year history, but computer models revealed the urgency of their situation. The tower would topple if it reached an angle of 5.44 degrees— and it was currently leaning at 5.5. What gives the tower its infamous tilt? Alex Gendler explores the monument’s history.
Lesson by Alex Gendler, directed by Aim Creative Studios.