1. What are some landmarks in your city?
2. What is the most famous landmark in your country?
3. Have you ever visited landmarks in other countries?
4. What landmarks would you like to visit around the world?
5. Do you think landmarks are an important part of a city? Why?
6. if you could create a new landmark for your city, what would you create?
7. How do you feel about charging different prices for locals and tourists to visit landmarks?
8. How does a landmark become famous?
9. What is the importance of landmarks ?
In 1990, the Italian government enlisted top engineers to stabilize Pisa’s famous Leaning Tower. There’d been many attempts during its 800 year history, but computer models revealed the urgency of their situation. The tower would topple if it reached an angle of 5.44 degrees— and it was currently leaning at 5.5. What gives the tower its infamous tilt? Alex Gendler explores the monument’s history.
Lesson by Alex Gendler, directed by Aim Creative Studios.