1. Don’t multitask: Why is it so hard to focus sometimes?
2. Don’t pontificate: Do some people always try to make a point when they speak?
3. Use open-ended questions: How is your week?
4. Go with the flow: Do you always say what’s on your mind? Why or why not?
5. Admit that you don’t know: Why is it hard to admit that we don’t know sometimes?
6. Don’t repeat yourself: Does your father/grandfather repeat himself a lot?
7. Listen: Do you prefer to talk or to listen?
8. Be brief: Who speaks the most in your family?