1. What is the speed limit on the roads in your country?
2. Do you love going fast?
3. What’s the fastest speed you’ve ever been in a car at?
4. Are our lives getting faster and faster?
5. What things can you do at lightning speed?
6. How important is speed in your life?
7. Do you need high speed Internet?
8. “It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop.” Do you agree?
In 2012, a team of researchers set a world record, transmitting 1 petabit of data— that’s 10,000 hours of high-def video— over a fifty-kilometer cable, in a second. This wasn’t just any cable. It was a souped-up version of fiber optics, the hidden network that links our planet and makes the internet possible. What is fiber optics and how does it work? Sajan Saini explores the vital technology.
Lesson by Sajan Saini, directed by Artrake Studio.
Wifi signals are made of radio waves that have a shorter wavelength than AM radio and cell phones but longer than satellite tv. How can I make my wifi faster? There are several things you can do to make your wifi faster without paying more, and they mostly have to do with the placement of your wifi router.[/show_more]