1. Have you ever had surgery / an operation?
2. How would you feel if you needed surgery?
3. Would you ever consider having cosmetic surgery?
4. Would you like to be a surgeon?
5. Would you consider having surgery in another country?
6. If you had surgery, would you prefer to be awake or asleep?
7. How have surgical techniques changed over the past century?
8. What do you think surgery will be like in the future?
Insulin pumps improve the lives of millions of people with diabetes around the world by monitoring blood sugar, delivering insulin, and preventing the need for constant finger-pricking. But there’s a catch: they’re temporary. And it’s not only insulin pumps that have this problem, but all bodily implants. Why is that? Kaitlyn Sadtler details how our immune system reacts to foreign bodies.
Lesson by Kaitlyn Sadtler, directed by Andrew Foerster.