1. If life is a highway, what mode of transportation are you using?
2. What’s you favourite method of transportation?
3. What transportation problems are there in your country?
4. What was transportation like when you were a kid?
5. Which transportation do you prefer – air, sea or road?
6. What would life be like if all public transportation in your country stopped?
7. What mode of transportation would you like someone to invent?
8. What will the transportation of the future be like?
Lesson by Rose Eveleth, animation by Tom Gran.
The way we can make traffic disappear.
The Chinese New Year is the world’s single biggest human migration of people: over 200 million travel to celebrate with family – many of them on the country’s advanced bullet train network.
You’re on an airplane when you feel a sudden jolt. Outside your window nothing seems to be happening, yet the plane continues to rattle you and your fellow passengers as it passes through turbulent air in the atmosphere. What exactly is turbulence, and why does it happen? Tomás Chor dives into one of the prevailing mysteries of physics: the complex phenomenon of turbulence.
Lesson by Tomás Chor, directed by Biljana Labovic.