1. What’s your favourite thing about your home?
2. What is your dream home?
3. What home improvements would you like to make to your home?
4. Would you rather live in a house or an apartment?
5. Do you agree that ‘home is where the heart is’?
6. Do you like being at home alone?
7. Would you like to work at home?
8. Are you a stay-at-home person or a going-out person?
Researchers estimate that 50 percent of purchases are unplanned. These purchases, especially impulse
One of the most effective ways to influence this is through a store’s architecture. In the 20th century, the architect Victor Gruen, who pioneered the first American shopping malls, used light and space to dramatically stage goods in storefront windows. His designs were meant to capture the attention of passersby — and convert them into customers. This conversion became known as the “Gruen effect.”
Watch the video above to learn how Ikea has mastered the Gruen effect with a carefully designed store layout that gets customers to travel further distances… and buy more.